The initial doctor-patient encounter will last approximately 30 minutes.
- What to wear: Gym clothes (shorts, tank top, etc.) and your athletic shoes.
- What to bring: Bring any medical reports, lab reports, imaging (x-rays, mri, etc.)
- What to expect: After a thorough history and comprehensive functional exam the doctor will discuss the treatment options for a rational and conservative treatment plan.
Patient goals are:
- Short term goal: Reduce pain and stabilization of condition.
- Intermediate goal: Improve functional capacity
- Long term goal: Prevent reoccurrence
Treatment most likely starts on the first visit unless more diagnostic tests are required. Our goal is to treat your condition and educate you as to why this happened and how to avoid re-injury. We educate and give patients the right ‘tools’ whether it be information on avoiding particular movements to exercise programs which specifically address the source of your complaint.
We treat any moving part that hurts or isn’t moving as well as it should. Basically this means any muscle, joint, tendon, ligament, fascia and nerve. We are your soft tissue injury experts. We are neuromuskuloskeletal specialists. Patients can expect relief from our care and should expect results.
If you are suffering from: Neck and Low Back Pain, Headaches, Jaw pain, Disc Injuries, Muscle Spasms, Overuse Injuries, Pinched Nerves, Joint Pain, Sprains and Strains, Arthritis, Post-Surgical Back Pain, Foot and Ankle Pain. This is a small list of what we care for at Mathews Chiropractic.
Many patients come to Mathews Chiropractic for extremity issues (lower and upper) because of Dr. Mathews experience and expertise in this area.
If you have any questions about your issue(s) and are not sure this is the right place, call for a phone consultation. Dr. Mathews would be happy to discuss any questions you may have about your current condition.