What to Expect:
The initial doctor-patient encounter will last approximately 30 minutes.
- What to wear: Gym clothes (shorts, tank top, etc.) and your athletic shoes.
- What to bring: Bring any medical reports, lab reports, imaging (x-rays, mri, etc.)
- What to expect: After a thorough history and comprehensive functional exam the doctor will discuss the treatment options for a rational and conservative treatment plan.
Patient goals are:
- Short term goal: Reduce pain and stabilization of condition.
- Intermediate goal: Improve functional capacity
- Long term goal: Prevent reoccurrence
Treatment most likely starts on the first visit unless more diagnostic tests are required. Our goal is to treat your condition and educate you as to why this happened and how to avoid re-injury. We educate and give patients the right ‘tools’ whether it be information on avoiding particular movements to exercise programs which specifically address the source of your complaint.